Everyone has the right to be on most land and inland water for recreation, education and for going from place to place providing they act responsibly. These access rights and responsibilities are explained in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
When you’re in the outdoors:
• take personal responsibility
for your own actions and act safely
• respect people’s privacy and peace of mind
• help land managers and others to work safely and effectively
• care for your environment and take your litter home
• keep your dog under proper control
• take extra care if you’re organising an event or running a business.
This is simple the logo for the Access Scotland brand.
Back to text.